Friday, May 1, 2009

More About the Builder



About me:
I live between Denver and Boulder, Colorado. I'm a 25 year old software engineer with an undergrad degree in Bioengineering. I am also a competitive road cyclist (or rather, I was until a nasty hip fracture 2 years ago, in May 2007). Though my school and my current profession imply I am an engineer, I have nearly zero useful experience in mechanical or automotive engineering, aside from a couple college internships where I learned a bit about working in machine shops, but most of it was R&D work. I was once a professional bike mechanic (that is...bicycle mechanic), but I can't say that that has really prepared me for what I'm about to embark on. In short, I'll be relying on my multiple-concussed brain to learn whatever it is I need to learn to build a car, as well as on a couple good resources in the form of my Dad (an ex race car driver who lives on the other side of the country) and my girlfriends Dad, a general car enthusiast and an ex dune-buggy / dirt track racer. I'll be building the car at the latter person's house, as my apartment is not well suited to a car build.


1 comment:

  1. hello chris, doing a very similar thing ova here in the UK, thought i would follow ur progress. take a look at my blog: makeitdrive.blogspot.com

    hugo

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment, leave it here.